Full-time STEM Game Design Teachers
Design, Create, Iterate.
At UME Academy we teach elementary school students how to think, design, create and problem solve using technology. We focus on design and computational thinking, teaching a process for breaking down a big idea into a series of components.
Our approach is not only a precursor to programming (for those interesting in that path), it is a mindset and methodology to using technology in life to solve problems.
We use video games as the context because kids are passionate about them. They are excited, motivated and engaged in the process of learning.
Within video games, students of all abilities can find their passion, and solve problems that suit their interests – in art, engineering, sound, design, coding and technology.
We are looking for energetic teachers with the following assets:
- comfortable learning new technologies
- experienced teaching in a classroom setting of 10-15 students OR experience working in a technology related field (engineering, computer science, video games, animation) with experience working with students
- drivers license and vehicle
- ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- available Full or Part-Time
We provide extensive on the job training in a collaborative team environment. So whether you are a teacher looking to expand your experience with technology or an artist/engineer/designer looking for a fun and rewarding challenge working with young learners, come work at UME Academy where play is learning!
- Lower Mainland, BC
Required license or certification:
- Drivers License and Vehicle
If a role with UME sounds like a good fit for you, please complete the following…